Complementing Vessco’s work on pressure vessels and pressure systems, the company is able to use its principal fabrication competencies – plating and welding of steel – to manufacture products for a variety of different uses.
In 2008, Vessco manufactured a range of different structures including:
- 12x Y shaped support columns for a 300m footbridge destined for Aylesbury, UK
- Roofing supports for the new Cardiff City football stadium
- 170m of 2mx2m ducting for Corus plc, Port Talbot, together with columns, platforms and pressurised dampers
- An architect-designed floodlight arch for the new Llanelli Scarlets RFC stadium
- A variety of skids, stairways and specialised fabrications primarily for UK based clients.
Vessco also has experience of manufacturing fabricated equipment for industrial clients, including a tyre baler, stainless steel kiln and hoppers, a number of container tilters, an industrial conveyor system etc. These units can either be customer-designed or can by designed by Vessco to the customer’s specifications.
We are frequently commissioned to manufacture structures to supplement the pressure vessel contracts – examples include platforms, vessel skids, ladders and walkways, support assemblies, pipe work spools and fan and plenum units.
Vessco is first and foremost a pressure vessel manufacturing company, but one which offers its customers a full fabrication package which starts with the pressure component and can extend to single sourcing the structural and supporting structures and their associated delivery services.